Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com
We are seeking to fill a Classified Sales Advisor position at The Hamilton Spectator. The successful candidate would be responsible for assisting clients with advertisement copy and design as well as with Metroland marketing programs, researching advertisers in competing publications and websites and prospecting and developing new clientele.
- Accurately create ad text for online and print publications
- Accurately create and verify client accounts and account detail
- Accurately record information in a database
- Make confirmation calls regarding accuracy advertising details and client data
- Ability to prospect for new business
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Marketing or related field is an assett
- Very personable and comfortable on the phone
- Must have exceptional computer & Internet skills including 1 year of experience with Microsoft Office knowledge (Excel, Word & Outlook skills a must)
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and variable hours
- Able to type 40 wpm minimum, and must feel comfortable with alpha numeric data entry
- Time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Fast learner, with the need to learn on the fly
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - English spelling and grammar accuracy a must
- Creativity and good vocabulary is required to compose Ad Text
- Outstanding work ethic, high energy and action oriented
- Ability to work cooperatively in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Willingness to learn new technologies and continually upgrade skills
- Problem solving skills
Diversity & Inclusion
Torstar Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Torstar is committed to ensuring employment opportunity to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status or disability or any other factor protected by law.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling the interview of your requirements.
Torstar Corporation remains committed to its employees and to providing a safe workplace. As of December 31, 2021, candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and successful candidates must agree to obtain any additional vaccinations or booster dose(s) that may be required. Proof of such vaccination will be required. We will make accommodation for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.