Junior Accounts Payable Clerk (18 month contract)
- Wolfedale Road, Mississauga, Canada
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com. Metroland is part of the Torstar Group of Companies.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, the position is a key player on the finance team.
- Accurate coding and processing of accounts payable invoices
- Ensure invoices received are processed in a timely manner
- Communicate with team members, general phone and email inquiries from vendors and company divisions using a professional and courteous manner
It’s essential that you have
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, as well as a competent listener
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven and demanding environment
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Nice to have
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Word
- Proficient computer skills with ERP / OCR software
- Capable of taking initiative and can work independently with minimal direction
- Previous Accounts Payable processing
Diversity & Inclusion
Metroland is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Metroland is committed to ensuring employment opportunity to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status or disability or any other factor protected by law.
Metroland is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling the interview of your requirements.
Metroland remains committed to its employees and to providing a safe workplace. As of December 31, 2021, candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and successful candidates must agree to obtain any additional vaccinations or booster dose(s) that may be required. Proof of such vaccination will be required. We will make accommodation for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.