At Eyereturn we are constantly improving the way brands connect with their customers online. Our access to best-in-class digital marketing platforms is built around the belief that outreach should be easy, transparent and rewarding for all. Based on this key objective, we’ve done away with overly complicated marketing platforms and layers of intermediaries. The result is that our clients have the ability to make informed, real-time decisions when and where they want to connect with their audience.
Torstar Corporation is a progressive media organization with a long, proud history in newspapers and a passion for capitalizing on the fluid world of digital and mobile media. Torstar’s vision for success is driven by a deep customer-centric obsession, continued journalistic excellence, advanced data-driven competency and a culture that is selfless, focused, agile, collaborative and results driven. The successful candidate will be a champion of those priorities while keeping the customer at the heart of all of the creative work that s/he will be doing.
Eyereturn has a full-time permanent position available for a Data Engineer in our Toronto office.
As a Data Engineer on the Analytics team, you will join an organization whose mandate is to build and maintain foundational data infrastructure essential to driving Eyereturn’s revenue growth. In this role, you will support both our Operations team as well as our Sales team, who enable clients to discover why Eyereturn is the right solution for their marketing needs.
- Be the expert on end-to-end data flow for Marketing and Sales data
- Build, test, and maintain best-in-class data pipelines that stitch together complex sets of data stores and drive large investment decisions
- Monitor daily execution, diagnose and log issues, and fix business critical pipelines to ensure SLAs are met with stakeholders
- Make data model and ETL code improvements to identify performance bottlenecks and improve pipeline efficiency and data quality
- Develop reusable Looker dashboard solutions for generating reports to ensure highly accurate and reliable business reporting
- Create and maintain documentation including requirements, design and user manuals
- Attend technical and business meetings and act as a subject matter expert
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience working with Cloud environments (GCP preferred, with working knowledge of BigQuery, Airflow, Composer)
- Strong SQL skills, especially within cloud-based data warehouses like Google BigQuery
- Experience with ETL pipelines, scheduling technologies with dependency checking, such as Airflow, as well as schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Well-versed in Python, and its respective standard data processing libraries
- The ability to manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with minimum guidance
- Rigor in high code quality, testing, version control in GitHub, and other engineering best practices
- Delight in building great tools that are a joy to use!
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experienced in dashboarding a BI experience with Looker, Tableau, PowerBI or a comparable tool
- LookML developer certification
- Experience in ingesting and aggregating media and spend data from advertising partners and platforms into databases, warehouses, and marketing systems
- Working knowledge of social media platforms, web analytics or work in online advertising – agency or publisher side
- Experience with a modern data transformation tool such as dbt or Dataform
Diversity & Inclusion
Torstar Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Torstar is committed to ensuring employment opportunity to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status or disability or any other factor protected by law.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling the interview of your requirements.
Torstar Corporation remains committed to its employees and to providing a safe workplace. As of November 30, 2021, candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and successful candidates must agree to obtain any additional vaccinations or booster dose(s) that may be required. Proof of such vaccination will be required. We will make accommodation for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.