Senior Financial Analyst
Delivery Ink (DI) operates the largest print distribution network in Canada. We provide best-in-class last mile delivery services for print Publishers in Ontario, making daily deliveries hundreds of thousands of households, retailers, and other business locations in the province. This year we will make more than 70,000,000 individual deliveries. DI is a Partnership entity owned by Toronto Star and The Globe and Mail and distributes products for both our Partner owned and third-party clients.
This is an exciting time to be at Delivery Ink. We are making big and bold changes to improve our operations and streamline our financial systems to better enable and enhance our business growth. Delivery Ink is a work-from-home company. There will be occasions where meeting in-person in Toronto is required. We welcome candidates in the southern Ontario area.
Reporting to the Finance and Accounting Manager, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing updates to daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports. This position supports the budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Complete accounts reconciliation, process month/year end journal entries and financial analysis. Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Perform analytical review of revenues and costs against historical and budgeted results.
- Participate and assist where possible in project to migrate Financial systems to new ERP system.
- Research and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning invoice discrepancies, account status, and provide appropriate resolutions.
- Identify and implement enhanced AP and AR control procedures and business process betterments, automations, and training and development within Finance Department.
- Ensure that processes are built in compliance with applicable financial regulations and accounting standards
- Assist in selected contract administration duties, and document management as needed to support Department. Support various other department/company projects and initiatives in areas of Finance, IT and Administration
- Post-secondary education in accounting, finance or business administration or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ experience with month end financial reconciliations, analysis and closing processes.
- Highly proficient in MS Office, especially Excel with advanced knowledge and experience with formulas, pivot tables, v-look ups, etc.
- Self-driven and results oriented with the ability to work independently from home (or elsewhere) with little daily supervision.
- Proactive worker with problem solving ability including recommendations of potential solutions to issues.
- Ability to multitask coupled with strong organization and priority setting skills to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with focus on continuous improvement.
- Good working knowledge and experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable. General accounting knowledge and experience maintaining general ledger accounts is a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Change management skills are a plus as DI is growing rapidly, and effective adaptation is critical.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in client service is a plus.
- Distribution and logistics industry experience is a plus but not required
Delivery Ink Offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous benefits package
Diversity & Inclusion
Delivery Ink is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Delivery Ink is committed to ensuring employment opportunity to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status or disability or any other factor protected by law.
Delivery Ink is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling the interview of your requirements.
Delivery Ink remains committed to its employees and to providing a safe workplace. As of December 31, 2021, candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and successful candidates must agree to obtain any additional vaccinations or booster dose(s) that may be required. Proof of such vaccination will be required. We will make accommodation for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.