Ad Ops Specialist
- 1 Yonge Street, Toronto, Canada
Torstar Corporation is a broadly-based media company. Its businesses include the Toronto Star, Canada’s largest daily newspaper, six regional daily newspapers in Ontario including The Hamilton Spectator, and more than 70 weekly community newspapers in Ontario; flyer distribution services; and digital properties including thestar.com (with local editions in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa and Halifax), wheels.ca, toronto.com, save.ca, a number of regional online sites. Torstar also holds a majority interest in VerticalScope, a North American vertically-focused digital media company.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Programmatic & Ad Operations, the Ad Ops Specialist will be responsible for day-to-day ad trafficking, targeting and testing of ad campaigns across StarMetrolandMedia’s digital properties. The role is expected to provide optimization and analytical insights to the client service team to support our clients KPI’s. Success in this position is measured by campaign performance and delivery. This individual must have a strong understanding of digital ad tech (Ad Manager 360, DSP’s, SSP’s, DMP’s) and possess a digital marketing mindset as they are expected to provide custom solutions to meet the needs of our advertisers.
- Multi-platform digital campaign management in Google Ad Manager 360.
- Traffic campaigns, test creatives and ensure delivery according to the advertiser order specifications.
- Optimize client campaigns to ensure their KPI’s are met and exceeded.
- Troubleshoot technical issues within the ad server, ad tags or on-site.
- Work on new tech implementations (IE: digital products, Ad tech, site migrations, etc).
- Understanding of data and have the ability to build first-party audiences directly in our Ad Server and/or DMP.
- Be a resource for sales, the client service team and our clients on optimization strategies and campaign analysis.
- Work closely with sales, product team and client services on campaign results, client reporting and product testing.
- Create/generate reporting for internal stakeholders or external advertisers.
- Provide and assist with inventory and forecasting estimates.
- Provide on-call support after hours when needed.
- Working experience in Google Ad Manager 360, a DMP, a DSP & GTM an asset.
- 1–3 years of prior trafficking experience with a strong understanding of digital ad systems and digital advertising.
- Experience in troubleshooting technical issues (ad tags, site tagging, migrations, etc).
- Familiar with digital marketing and sales concepts.
- Strong Microsoft Office skill set (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to develop professional relationships with our advertisers and various internal stake holders.
- Ability to accommodate evolving responsibilities and last-minute changes.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
Torstar Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Torstar is committed to ensuring employment opportunity to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status or disability or any other factor protected by law.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling the interview of your requirements.
Torstar Corporation remains committed to its employees and to providing a safe workplace. As of November 30, 2021, candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and successful candidates must agree to obtain any additional vaccinations or booster dose(s) that may be required. Proof of such vaccination will be required. We will make accommodation for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.