- 35 Opeongo Road, Renfrew, Canada
Where do you find your local community news? How do you stay connected to new and old businesses in your community? Metroland Media is a communication company built on a strong history of providing the news to Ontario’s door steps for over 100 years. In this ever growing industry we have continued to evolve, allowing us to become the industry leaders. Flyers, magazines, trade shows, digital advertising and distribution is a snapshot of our companies breadth. If you are looking for a dynamic company built on a strong history within your community, look no further.
We are looking for an individual interested in a Sales Representative position. Applicants must be self-starters and exceptionally goal oriented as the focus of this position is on developing new revenue opportunities for both the print and digital media products.
- Prospect for new accounts, source leads, cold call, and research to generate sales in multi-media platforms
- Responsible for ongoing sales with both new and existing clients
- Consistently attain and/or surpass sales targets and hitting revenue targets
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with clients to build business opportunities
- Provide professional customer service in ensuring superior client satisfaction at all times
- Create proposals and advertising solutions through compelling business cases
- Provide customers with creative and effective advertising solutions and play a key role in the overall success of our organization
- As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. Metroland Media is PCI compliant company, and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner
- Sales and marketing experience required
- Team player, able to contribute to the overall success of the company
- Strong business acumen to understand customer goals, challenges and operations
- Proven consultative selling skills
- Self-starter and can adapt quickly to changing environments and market trends
- Ability to pursue issues to resolution, in a timely and courteous manner
- A valid Driver's Licence and reliable vehicle
- Competitive base pay, plus uncapped commission structure, and rewards that can total up to $50,000 and more depending on performance. Our top performers make $90,000 +
- Training and education
- Company benefits including health and dental coverage
- Pension Plan
- Ongoing field and sales support
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus Opportunities
Diversity & Inclusion
Torstar Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Torstar is committed to ensuring employment opportunity to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status or disability or any other factor protected by law.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling the interview of your requirements.
Torstar Corporation remains committed to its employees and to providing a safe workplace. As of November 30, 2021, candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and successful candidates must agree to obtain any additional vaccinations or booster dose(s) that may be required. Proof of such vaccination will be required. We will make accommodation for qualifying medical or religious exemptions.