- 175 Gordon Baker Road, Toronto, Canada
Where do you find your local community news? How do you stay connected to new and old businesses in your community? Metroland Media is a communication company built on a strong history of providing the news to Ontario’s door steps for over 100 years. In this ever growing industry we have continued to evolve, allowing us to become the industry leaders. Flyers, magazines, trade shows, digital advertising and distribution is a snapshot of our companies breadth. If you are looking for a dynamic company built on a strong history within your community, look no further.
Are you a high energy individual seeking new challenges? Are you a person who is independent and enjoys networking and relationship building? Charged with servicing and developing a client base, the Media Consultant is focused on continuously increasing sales revenue and maintaining strong business relationships with top local companies. The individual is accountable for acquiring new accounts through various strategies including generating leads, networking with key decision makers and active researching. They are also responsible for introducing and selling innovative marketing solutions to local small and medium-sized businesses while achieving aggressive revenue targets. Reporting directly to the Director of Sales this position will reside at the North York office (Hwy.404 and Finch). This position will provide candidates, the opportunity to be part of one of Canada's leading community media companies.
- Prospect for new accounts and source exciting leads with local business owners
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business owners to build your book of business
- Always be providing professional customer service and ensuring client satisfaction with the exciting advertising campaigns you will be producing
- Create proposals and advertising solutions (print & digital) through compelling business cases
- Experience in CRM and pipeline managment an asset
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Marketing or in a related field is preferred
- Motivated self-starter who exceeds sales targets
- Builds relationships easily and can problem solve with ease
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and capable of adapting to new systems
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.