- 1 Yonge Street, Toronto, Canada
Torstar Corporation is a broadly-based media company. Its businesses include the Toronto Star, Canada’s largest daily newspaper, six regional daily newspapers in Ontario including The Hamilton Spectator, and more than 70 weekly community newspapers in Ontario; flyer distribution services; and digital properties including thestar.com (with local editions in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa and Halifax), wheels.ca, toronto.com, save.ca, a number of regional online sites. Torstar also holds a majority interest in VerticalScope, a North American vertically-focused digital media company.
The Toronto Star is Canada’s largest daily newspaper and is read in print and across desktop, mobile and tablet platforms by more than 6 million readers every week. Online, thestar.com is one of the most-visited newspaper websites in Canada.
Work with us
TheStar.com serves millions of readers per month across multiple channels. To grow and evolve the team, we’re looking for creative and hardworking leaders with a passion for problem solving in the challenging space of modern news media.
Work in a modern process
Our development team is full of smart people with oodles of experience building cool things. Many of us came to The Star from the start-up world, and we’ve brought that start-up mentality and culture right along with us. We have a lot of cool stuff to build.
Work in a world class organization
We're looking for people who are interested in shaping the future of big media. We offer the opportunity to work with some of the finest development minds on the largest media sites in Canada, backed by a company that has been delivering content to its readers for more than a century.
Diversity & Inclusion
Torstar Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Torstar is committed to ensuring employment opportunity to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status or disability or any other factor protected by law.
What you’ll do:
- Help create functional, integration and regression test cases, support the maintenance of automation test scripts and test cases
- Support and engage testing activities (functional/non-functional, running automated test scripts, Data ETL testing, Data Analysis testing)
- Generates test reports and assess the readiness for deployment
- Documents software defects, tracks the issues and works towards resolution
- Efficiently collaborates with Delivery Manager and developers in the bi-weekly sprint(s)
- Reviews requirements and participates in requirements and design reviews
- Follows and promotes the established QA processes and procedures
- Production deployment support and incident support
We’re looking for people with:
- 6+ years of working experience with desktop and mobile application quality assurance and testing
- Minimum 3 years of mobile application testing on both iOS and Android platforms
- At least 3 years of working experience with projects of agile development cycles with recurring sprints.
- Working experience work in conjunction of test automation;
- Familiar with testing tools and browser plug-ins for website and mobile app testing
- Experience with testing tools and device farm services (Selenium, POSTMAN, BrowserStack, Firebase)
- Experience of Source Control tools (Git, Jenkins)
- Knowledge making Web Services and Restful Services requests.
- Knowledgeable of the various data exchange formats like CSV, XML, JSON, etc.
- Knowledge on data analysis, web search engine, SEO values
- Familiar with WCAG 2.0, W3C web standards and analytics processes (Adobe and Google Analytics)
- Versioning and release best practices
More about you
- Can design and maintain functional and integration test cases for both web and mobile platforms
- Ability to support Automation Tests.
- Good analyzing skills and detail oriented;
- The desire to learn new testing tools and programming languages
- Good documentation skills and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Open to change and challenges
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.