Product Manager - Digital
- 1 Yonge Street, Toronto, Canada
Torstar Corporation is a broadly-based media company. Its businesses include the Toronto Star, Canada’s largest daily newspaper, six regional daily newspapers in Ontario including The Hamilton Spectator, and more than 70 weekly community newspapers in Ontario; flyer distribution services; and digital properties including thestar.com (with local editions in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa and Halifax), wheels.ca, toronto.com, save.ca, a number of regional online sites. Torstar also holds a majority interest in VerticalScope, a North American vertically-focused digital media company.
Diversity & Inclusion
Torstar Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Torstar is committed to ensuring employment opportunity to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status or disability or any other factor protected by law.
We are looking for a Digital Product Manager to lead the evolution of the company’s suite of leading news websites. The successful candidate will assume product management responsibilities focused on the user experience on the company’s news websites.
As a member of our HIGH PERFORMING team, your responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a cross-functional team that includes UX design, development and QA
- Driving product analysis
- Seeking out customer insights
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to define and prioritize the roadmap for the apps
What you need to be successful:
- 3-5 years of experience as a product manager, preferably working on large, consumer-facing digital products
- Proven ability to develop and execute on long-range product roadmaps, develop milestone plans and prioritize backlogs
- Expertise in agile development methodologies and a proven ability to write detailed epics and user stories
- Strong analytics skills and the ability to use data to derive product insights
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and a comfort collaborating with a diverse group of stakeholders at a matrixed organization
- Comfort conducting customer research through interviews, surveys and usability tests and using the research to inform product direction
- Able to lead all stages of product life cycle, from discovery to development to launch and continuing optimization
- Able to work closely with UX/UI designers to create product experiences that customers will love
Why you will love working here:
The unique opportunity to work for a diversified media company and expand your skills in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment.
And let’s not forget the AWESOME PEOPLE!
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.