District Service Representative
- 865 Farewell Street, Oshawa, Canada
Part of the Metroland Media Group, the Durham Region Media Group publishes the Ajax/Pickering News Advertiser, Whitby This Week, Oshawa This Week, Clarington This Week plus several specialty publications, in addition to online publishing durhamregion.com.
Because of this diversity in what we do, the Durham Media Group is able to offer a wide range of advertising solutions for all types of businesses and service providers. Whether you are trying to reach every household in the city or just deliver your message to homes within a kilometre of your location, we have a customized solution that will suit your needs.
The District Service Representative is responsible for ensuring that all distribution products in their assigned geographic area are delivered in a timely and appropriate manner, and that delivery contractors are trained and provided with the necessary tools to complete their job efficiently.
- Ensure that all newspapers, inserts, and other distribution products are delivered in a timely manner. This includes working closely with the carrier force and when necessary could include door to door delivery
- Recruit new carriers to ensure that all routes are covered and terminate contracts where appropriate. Maintain sufficient carrier waiting lists or establish new ones
- Maintain all records concerning carriers and routes including financial records and complaints
- Address customer concerns in a professional and timely manner while ensuring the concerns are resolved and the carriers are aware of the concerns
- Design and manage carrier promotions to motivate the carrier force
- Drop off supplies to carriers including elastics and carrier bags as required
- Assist the Manager with special projects including official circulation audits
- Assist carriers in filling out accident reports and making insurance claims
- Maintain accurate and current data to provide to carrier payroll
- When required make appropriate arrangements to ensure down routes receive delivery
- Design carrier routes and develop mapping of new areas
- Maintain accurate and current distribution records and total market coverage files
- Completion of Secondary Education or equivalent
- Superior customer service
- Ability to develop effective relationships within the team
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented and good sense of prioritizing of varied tasks
- Highly flexible and adaptable; able to react quickly and effectively to urgent requests and changing priorities
- Sound computer skills and fluent of Microsoft applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Responsible, self-motivated and able to function with minimal supervision
- Physical activity – walking, lifting up to 60 Ibs.
- Reliable vehicle and valid driver's licence required
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.