Customer Service Representative
- 211 Pritchard Road, Hamilton, Canada
We are seeking an energetic, driven individual to join our Customer Service Representative team at the Hamilton Spectator. This is a part time position, requiring about 25-30 hours a week. This position is eligible to work from home.
- First point of contact in a customer service role, answering general phone and e-mail inquiries and providing solutions in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide excellent customer service in addition to maintaining positive relationships with customers.
- Accurately update and verify customer information and managing additional Excel tracking sheets and internal database.
- Communicate with managers and team members as needed regarding client data and confirmation of information.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. Metroland Media is PCI compliant company, and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 2+ years in Customer Service environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication and competent listener.
- Superior customer skills including having the ability to placate challenging and demanding clients.
- Strong administration skills with accurately updating and maintaining information.
- Capable of taking initiative and can work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven and demanding environment with strong attention to detail.
- Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Successfully handle confidential information and use appropriate discretion.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.