- 211 Pritchard Road, Hamilton, Canada
Torstar Corporation is a broadly based, progressive media organization with a long, proud history in newspapers and a passion for capitalizing on the dynamic world of digital and mobile media. Torstar is energized by a deep customer-centric obsession, continued journalistic excellence, advanced data-driven competency and a culture that is selfless, focused, agile and collaborative
- Are you a high energy individual seeking new challenges?
- Are you a person who is independent and enjoys networking and relationship building?
- Are you a sales professional who applies insights and strategy to build customized solution-based campaigns that win?
The Hamilton Spectator is currently recruiting for a full time Account Executive with a proven and consistent track record of achieving revenue targets. The successful incumbent will be:
- Responsible for introducing and selling innovative marketing solutions to local medium and large -sized businesses while achieving aggressive revenue targets
- Combining first-hand experience with industry insights to build effective, customized media campaigns
- Reviewing campaign performance and offer optimization insights for growth with confidence
- Strategically prospect new business opportunities
- Continuously increase sales revenue while maintaining strong business relationships with top local companies.
- Data sales experience:
- Know and understand clients, their habits, their needs, their behaviours, and lifestyle preferences.
- Successful track record in sales with an experienced data company essential.
- Experience in trust building.
- Nurturing a client or prospect through the media buying journey.
- Guide them through digital channels in an influential authoritative way that is not about the sale, but providing a best-in-class partnership experience.
- Experience in content creating and curating to influence buying decisions.
- Proven track record of using content to help engage and influence prospects in a meaningful way, which leads to conversions.
- Using your LinkedIn premium membership and Industry Association membership to help engage clients and prospects on a more personal and influential level.
- Demonstrated technical expertise
- Proven track record of social selling – research to identify market trends and influencing factors that lead to purchase.
- Identify market trends and influencing factors that affect your clients customers.
- Demonstrate technical ability to converse fluently in top digital platforms at a digital agency level.
- Analytical experience.
- Analyze online customer behaviour to take a proactive and consumer-centric approach to sales.
- Demonstrated pipeline sales and CRM mastery.
- Track record of being a peer leader in a CRM platform to maximize opportunities with existing client base as well as growing client base.
- Master problem solver.
- Keep track of social conversations happening around keywords, products and services, along with competitive and industry data.
- Continuous monitoring to help identify issues, pain points and recommendations that allows you to respond with valuable insights that leads to solutions.
- As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. Metroland Media is PCI compliant company and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner.
- Motivated self-starter with discipline to work independently to achieve sales targets.
- Sales experience with a proven history of achieving and surpassing sales targets and an unprecedented drive for results.
- Certification in Google, Facebook and IAB is an asset
- Degree or Diploma in Business or in a related field.
- An exceptional presenter with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to interact with cross functional teams, salespeople, support staff and executives.
- Superior customer service and relationship building skills including having the ability to placate challenging and demanding clients.
- Valid Driver's licence and reliable vehicle.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.