- 175 Gordon Baker Road, Toronto, Canada
Metroland is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com
Torstar Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Torstar is committed to ensuring employment opportunity to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status or disability or any other factor protected by law.
Metroland Media Toronto's Distribution Centre requires a Full Time Senior Shipper/Receiver for its parcel service operation. Reporting to the Parcel Operation Manager, this position will be responsible for shipping and receiving parcels coming into the distribution center.
- Track, log and communicate shipment through various trucking companies to our depot network
- Organize sortation bins on the line and help drivers with loading/unloading trucks
- Quality control completed on parcel placement and address any inconsistency with Lead hands
- Pre-sort parcels identified by the Lead hands to detect specific parcel labels
- Scan in parcel with the use of computer and notify Lead Hands with any system issues
- Oversee designated sortation lines to maintain consistent workflow and address any issues that arise
- Ensure parcels are prepped in staging area in a safe, timely manner
- Ensure a safe working environment in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Company Health and Safety policies
- Other duties as assigned by the Distribution Centre management team
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years previous experience working in a distribution/warehouse operation an asset
- Forklift equipment certificate and experience is required
- Ability to lift between 5 and 35lbs frequently and up to 50lbs on an occasional basis
- Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling, and bending able to stand and walk for extended periods with ease.
- Capable of taking initiative and can work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with team members and management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing and verbally, along with strong listening skills.
- Ability to excel in a demanding environment with strong attention to detail.
- Have basic computer skills and able to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Health and Safety knowledge and experience preferred
- Reimbursement for safety shoe
- Attractive health benefit plans
- CAAT pension plan
- $18 per hour based on experience
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.