- 345 Ecclestone Drive, Bracebridge, Canada
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland. Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
Diversity & Inclusion
Torstar Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Torstar is committed to ensuring employment opportunity to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status or disability or any other factor protected by law.
- Supervise and oversee the mailroom to ensure that all incoming and outgoing products are properly distributed to the appropriate areas.
- Safely receive and ship product using forklift or pump truck.
- Supervise, hire, train and motivate warehouse staff under your supervision.
- Ensure the correct number of products as indicated by manifest are received and assigned to the appropriate contractor for delivery.
- Process weekly manifest and assign work to staff, breakout papers/flyers and other printed materials for drivers.
- Ensure all products are properly prepared according to drivers manifest.
- Calculate and prepare weekly payroll for staff.
- Liaise with the sales team and other persons to process bookings, top ups, discrepancies and other client or customer requests.
- Maintain files and ensure all records are safely stored.
- Ensure warehouse and all equipment are properly maintained and repaired if necessary.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Secondary school diploma with a minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience in warehouse operations.
- Health and Safety knowledge and experience preferred.
- Ability to lift between 5 and 35lbs frequently and up to 50lbs on an occasional basis.
- Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling, and bending able to stand and walk for extended periods with ease.
- Forklift certification an asset.
- Proven leadership skills and strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Ability to motivate team to work quickly in response to turnaround times.
- Demonstrate experience in problem solving and continuous improvement of processes.
- Adaptable and able to handle change in a calm and productive manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.