- 345 Ecclestone Drive, Bracebridge, Canada
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland. Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
Diversity & Inclusion
Torstar Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Torstar is committed to ensuring employment opportunity to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status or disability or any other factor protected by law.
We are currently looking for a Mailperson, working up to 19 hours a week. Reporting to the Mailroom Supervisor, the Mailperson is responsible for manually inserting flyer packages into the newspaper for distribution. In addition, he/she will be responsible for manually counting flyers with the use of a scale.
- Setting of scales, counting and accurately weigh flyers
- Placing counted flyers on rollers
- Lifting flyer bundles to and from pallets
- Inserting flyer packages into newspaper
- Perform manual material handling
- Hours fluctuate seasonally based on insert/ flyer volume
- Complete all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Other duties as assigned
- Completed Secondary Education or equivalent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with strong attention to detail
- Ability to remain alert and maintain a high level of concentration
- Must have own transportation
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.