- 333 Arvin Avenue, Hamilton, Canada
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland. Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
We are currently looking for a Material Handler who is responsible for stacking and building neat bundles of materials as well as loading skids of printed newspaper and commercial copies for shipment. Reporting to the Manager, the individual will assist press room staff with clean-up and maintenance. This is a 3 month contract with a possible extension.
- Accurately bundle and ensure skid counts match customer orders
- Assist with basic setup and perform general shop cleanup
- Versatile and willing to learn all positions to help fill vacancies and provide support when necessary to the crew
- Complete all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety Policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Other press room duties as assigned
- Completion of Secondary Education
- Ability to lift 40-60lbs of material, bend frequently and stand for an extended period with ease.
- Team player
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting of machinery in a fast paced, deadline driven and demanding environment.
- Basic computer and mathematical skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Good decision making, communication and organizational skills
- This position requires ability to work rotating day and night shifts
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.