- 175 Gordon Baker Road, Toronto, Canada
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
The Copy Editing Centre at Torstar Communities Toronto office (Finch Ave. and Hwy. 404) is looking for a full time Copy Editor to work with the Torstar Communities complete footprint of community newspapers.
- Ability to deal with a variety of content subjects and areas
- Be able to write, rewrite and edit stories
- Use copy editing skills to enhance quality output in print and online
- Have a basic understanding of libel and defamation
- Some evening/weekend work required
- Degree or Diploma in Journalism or in related field
- The successful candidate will handle content on a variety of platforms and publications
- Sharp eye for detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to adhere to a common standard
- Someone who has a passion for words, strong rewriting abilities and news instincts
- Passion for content, new media and technology
- Knows CP style and is a stickler for grammar, sentence structure, spelling and punctuation
- Familiarity with NewsGate is not essential but would be considered an asset
- Print and online production is deadline driven and the successful candidate must be able to work quickly and decisively
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements