- 175 Gordon Baker Road, Toronto, Canada
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
Metroland Parcel Services division is looking for a full time Driver. The driver will operate the company van and provide efficient delivery and pick-up of packages within the greater Toronto and surrounding areas. This role is based out of the North York distribution centre (Hwy 404 and Finch).
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip health and safety inspections and reporting to ensure fleet standards are met and logged
- Fleet preventative maintenance
- Packing, loading and unloading items from vehicle
- Responsible for managing daily delivery and pick-up schedules as assigned
- Keeping the delivery vehicle clean and in good working condition
- Be able to operate and follow a GPS system.
- Ensure accuracy and record all deliveries through handheld device
- Hold strong knowledge of regional geographic area and the Greater Toronto Area
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to meet deadlines
- Other sorter duties as assigned in the parcel distribution centre when not driving
- Complete all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Valid Ontario G Drivers License
- At least 3 years driving experience
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Commercial vehicle experience
- Secondary school diploma
- Previous delivery experience is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Patience and reliability, with the capability to navigate through traffic and road conditions
- Able to comfortably wear a protective mask and work with sanitizing products, in response to our infectious disease pandemic protocols
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Background Checks
- Drivers Abstract
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.