- 175 Gordon Baker Road, Toronto, Canada
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com
Metroland’s Toronto Distribution Centre requires Part time Parcel Sorters for its parcel service operation. Reporting to the Parcel Operation Manager, this position will be responsible for the sortation of parcels coming into the distribution center.
- Able to sort packages into appropriate bins by reading the label on the parcels
- Communicate any difficulties with Parcel Lead Hands as required
- Complete all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of High School diploma required
- Hours are subject to change based on business needs
- Ability to lift between 5 and 35lbs frequently and up to 50lbs on an occasional basis
- Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling and able to stand and walk for extended periods with ease.
- Capable of taking initiative and can work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with team members and management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing and verbally, along with strong listening skills.
- Ability to excel in a demanding environment with strong attention to detail.
- Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Reimbursement for safety shoes
- Attractive health benefit plans
- CAAT pension plan
- $14.25 per hour based on experience
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.