- 211 Pritchard Road, Hamilton, Canada
The Hamilton Spectator Ltd. is a well-established, progressive media company with a passion for providing our customers with breaking news and award-winning journalism. We also pride ourselves in providing our advertisers with an array of successful multi-media marketing solutions.
We have an excellent opportunity if you are looking for a change of pace in your career or to start a career as a Account Executive. You will be part of a team of well-trained professionals working for a leader in innovative marketing solutions. We will set you up for success to work from home delivering customized media campaigns and industry insights to local businesses. You will thrive on building strong business relationships and winning new business through strategically prospecting opportunities. You will be motivated by watching your commissions increase as you grow your business with the support and expertise of our team.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Innovative thinker with ability to be creative and think outside the box
- Knowledge of or aspiration to learn about digital marketing solutions
- Previous sales experience an asset but we are prepared to train the right person
- Driven to uncover new business
- Certification in Google, Facebook and IAB is an asset.
- Degree or Diploma in Business or in a related field an asset but not essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior customer service and relationship building skills.
- As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. We are a PCI compliant company and require people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Comprehensive compensation package
- Bonuses for hitting targets
- Ongoing sales contests and rewards
- Full benefits including drug and dental and 100% paid sick time
- Full Defined Benefit pension plan
- Car allowance
- Salary guarantee to ensure you are set up for success
- Complete digital & CRM training to build your business
- Solid account list to get you started
- Full support and training & certification in Google, Facebook and IAB
- Great team atmosphere & manager support
- Full support & set up to work from home
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Motivated self-starter with discipline to work independently to achieve sales targets.
- Minimum of 3 years Sales experience with a proven history of achieving and surpassing sales targets and unprecedented drive for results.
- Degree or Diploma in Business or in a related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to interact with cross functional teams, salespeople, support staff and executives.
- Superior customer skills including having the ability to placate challenging and demanding clients.
- Valid Driver's licence and reliable vehicle.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.