Client Data Analyst
- 1 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M5E 1E5, Canada
Torstar Corporation is a progressive media organization with a long, proud history in newspapers and a passion for capitalizing on the fluid world of digital and mobile media. Torstar’s vision for success is driven by a deep customer-centric obsession, continued journalistic excellence, advanced data-driven competency and a culture that is selfless, focused, agile, collaborative and results driven. The successful candidate will be a champion of those priorities while keeping the customer at the heart of all of the creative work that s/he will be doing.
The Client Data Analyst, reporting to the Manager, Client Research Automation, will assist Torstar advertising sales by producing top quality sales presentations and automated sales tools to provide the best possible support for revenue generation. This position will also provide marketing research support to all departments.
- Fulfill research requests from all sales teams across Torstar
- Provide support for sales/marketing specialists to create marketing assets
- Proactively develop sales tools based on input from Digital Sales, National Sales and Local sales working closely with the Data Engineers and Data Scientists
- Develop, program, and analyze survey results for research initiatives across Torstar
Who You Are…
- A compelling and clear communicator, able to craft a long-term vision, set goals to meet them and represent your team’s best work to stakeholders with varying levels of technical fluency.
- A team-oriented highly motivated contributor who is collaborative and demonstrates aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies, methods, and tools to solve complex business problems.
- Driven to build strong strategic partnerships with key data and analytics professionals as well as internal clients and stakeholders.
What You Will Bring To The Team…
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Marketing, Advertising or Business
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role, or within the media industry (agency or research supplier)
- Data analytics experience with SQL, Python or similar
- Data visualizations skills using Tableau, Power BI or similar
- Experience working with Vividata, Comscore, Adobe Analytics (Omniture), Google Analytics
- Experience using data analysis tools like NielsenIMS Clear Decisions or Telmar
- Advanced presentation and analysis skills using Excel and PowerPoint
- High attention to detail
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to adapt to conflicting priorities
- Highly organized, analytical and creative thinker
- Service oriented with excellent communication skills
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.