- 580 Steven Ct, Newmarket, ON L3Y 6Z3, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
We are currently looking for an energetic and inspired Advertising Coordinator to work in our fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Sales Manager, the successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, high attention to detail and excel in a team environment. This is a 12 month contract position.
- Work collaboratively with Sales Account Executives and team to assist and support all client initiatives.
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to direct enquiries, address concerns in a timely manner in addition to building and maintaining positive relationships with clients.
- Process electronic orders and materials as directed by Account Executives/Clients.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation, reports and proposals.
- As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. Metroland Media is a PCI compliant company and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner.
- Diploma or Degree in Marketing/Advertising/Administrative or in related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an office setting or related administrative role and previous experience in a sales environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven and demanding environment.
- Customer focused professional with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and develop effective relationships with clients and team members.
- Concurrently manage both sales assistance and administrative responsibilities.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.