- 175 Gordon Baker Road, Toronto, Canada
Where do you find your local community news? How do you stay connected to new and old businesses in your community? Metroland Media is a communication company built on a strong history of providing the news to Ontario’s door steps for over 100 years. In this ever growing industry we have continued to evolve, allowing us to become the industry leaders. Flyers, magazines, trade shows, digital advertising and distribution is a snapshot of our companies breadth. If you are looking for a dynamic company built on a strong history within your community, look no further.
- Ensure crews are properly scheduled to adhere to all flyer deadlines.
- Supervise and provide direction to machine (Alphaliner & Sitma) production staff.
- Communicate production status reports to Operations Manager and other departments as required.
- Perform maintenance, minor repairs and preventative care to the building and equipment as required.
- Perform equipment start-up inspections.
- Recruit staff and create a strong team with a positive working environment.
- Responsible for proper training of all new employees in the department.
- Ensure compliance with all health & safety regulations and Ministry of Labour requirements.
- Work with other department Managers to ensure proper communication, quality and precision with the handling of all newspapers/flyers.
- Complete and enforce all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Position is full time, day shift but flexible to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Minimum 5+ years of warehouse operations with demonstrated leadership.
- Previous experience working with machinery and be mechanically inclined.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to work in an unpredictable and changing environment.
- Ability to motivate team to work quickly in response to tight newspaper and flyer deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to develop effective relationships.
- Strong commitment to health and safety.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and continuous improvement of processes.
- Adaptable and able to handle change in a calm and productive manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Must be flexible in hours to overlap shifts or be available for alternate shift as needed
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.