Warehouse - Lead Hand, Parcel Services
- 175 Gordon Baker Road, Toronto, Canada
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com
Metroland Media Toronto's Distribution Centre requires a full time Sort Centre Lead Hand for its parcel service operation. Reporting to the Parcel Operation Manager, this position will be responsible for leading the sortation of parcels coming into the distribution center.
- Independently oversee general operation of sortation to ensure production and performance of staff.
- Properly manage parcels through material handling and ensure correct parcels are stored into their respective area.
- Communicate status reports of sortation to Parcel Operation Manager and log all service activity and production output.
- Load sorted parcels into trucks for delivery
- Complete and enforce all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of Highschool diploma required
- Available to work weekends and evenings
- Forklift license is an asset, if not will be trained
- Ability to lift, up to 50lbs
- Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling and able stand for an extended period with ease.
- Capable of taking initiative and can work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with team members and management.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to guide a productive team.
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication and competent listener.
- Ability to excel and make quality decisions in a fast-paced, deadline driven and demanding environment with strong attention to detail.
- Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Reimbursement for safety shoe
- Attractive health and dental benefit plans
- CAAT pension plan
· $17-20 per hour based on experience
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.