- 60 Hunter Street East, Peterborough, Canada
Torstar Corporation is a broadly based, progressive media organization listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TS.B) with a long, proud history in newspapers and a passion for capitalizing on the dynamic world of digital and mobile media. Torstar is energized by a deep customer-centric obsession, continued journalistic excellence, advanced data-driven competency and a culture that is selfless, focused, agile and collaborative
The Peterborough Examiner is currently recruiting for a full time Media Consultant. This position will provide candidates, including recent graduates, the opportunity to gain sales exposure and to be part of one of Canada's leading media companies. We will provide you with the support and training you will need to be successful. Your career starts here!
- Networking with local leading companies through sourcing leads, cold calling, and research, resulting in sales of multi-media platforms.
- The desire to consistently attain and/or surpass sales and hitting revenue targets to earn market competitive incentives.
- Inspire and excite customers with your own creative and effective advertising solutions and play a key role in the overall success of the organization.
- Keep connected with both new and existing clients to encourage ongoing sales as well as integrate new products to offer a more robust portfolio.
- Provide consulting, using out-of-the-box thinking for creating proposals to meeting customer's marketing needs.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with decision makers to build lucrative business opportunities.
- Interact with a variety of personalities and ensure superior customer satisfaction through professional customer service.
- Negotiate and structure sales agreements with new and existing customers while maintain positive business relationships.
- Work with an energetic, supportive and team-oriented department while simultaneously achieving your own independent goals.
- As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. Torstar is PCI compliant company, and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Motivated self-starter with discipline to work independently to achieve sales targets.
- Minimum of 3 years Sales experience with a proven history of achieving and surpassing sales targets and unprecedented drive for results.
- Degree or Diploma in Business or in a related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to interact with cross functional teams, salespeople, support staff and executives.
- Superior customer skills including having the ability to placate challenging and demanding clients.
- Valid Driver's licence and reliable vehicle.·
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.