- 44 Frid Street, Hamilton, Canada
Star Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Star Metroland Media’s diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com
The Hamilton Spectator is currently recruiting for a full time Account Executive. This position will provide candidates, including recent graduates, the opportunity to gain sales exposure and to be part of one of Canada's leading media companies. We will provide you with the support and training you will need to be successful. Your career starts here!
· Networking with local leading companies through sourcing leads, cold calling, and research, resulting in sales of multi-media platforms.
· The desire to consistently attain and/or surpass sales and hitting revenue targets to earn market competitive incentives.
· Inspire and excite customers with your own creative and effective advertising solutions and play a key role in the overall success of the organization.
· Keep connected with both new and existing clients to encourage ongoing sales as well as integrate new products to offer a more robust portfolio.
· Provide consulting, using out-of-the-box thinking for creating proposals to meeting customer's marketing needs.
· Develop and maintain strong business relationships with decision makers to build lucrative business opportunities.
· Interact with a variety of personalities and ensure superior customer satisfaction through professional customer service.
· Negotiate and structure sales agreements with new and existing customers while maintain positive business relationships.
· Work with an energetic, supportive and team-oriented department while simultaneously achieving your own independent goals.
As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. Metroland Media is PCI compliant company, and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
· Motivated self-starter with discipline to work independently to achieve sales targets.
· Minimum of 3 years Sales experience with a proven history of achieving and surpassing sales targets and unprecedented drive for results.
· Degree or Diploma in Business or in a related field.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent presentation skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Ability to interact with cross functional teams, salespeople, support staff and executives.
· Superior customer skills including having the ability to placate challenging and demanding clients.
Valid Driver's licence and reliable vehicle.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.