Account Manager, Digital and Programmatic Sales
- 1 Yonge Street, Toronto, Canada
Torstar Corporation is a progressive media organization with a long, proud history in newspapers and a passion for capitalizing on the fluid world of digital and mobile media. Torstar’s vision for success is driven by a deep customer-centric obsession, continued journalistic excellence, advanced data-driven competency and a culture that is selfless, focused, agile, collaborative and results driven. The successful candidate will be a champion of those priorities while keeping the customer at the heart of all of the creative work that s/he will be doing.
As an Account Manager, Digital and Programmatic Sales, Star Metroland Media (a division of Torstar), you will achieve sales targets through solution-based client recommendations including direct or programmatic digital advertising along with our offline product suite by developing new accounts and growing an existing sales territory. You will have a broad sales skill set and a strong understanding of marketing and media strategy. Experience in programmatic ad sales is an asset along with history of providing recommendations that deliver on client objectives. You must excel at building strong relationships and establishing clear lines of communication with clients, partners, sales support teams, and internal stakeholders. As a highly motivated, collaborative self-starter, you have a proven ability to engage and influence decision makers by driving the digital conversation forward.
What you will do:
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities and grow existing accounts through prior relationships, cold-calling, and networking
- Work strategically with other Account Managers, manage client direct relationships within assigned territory to identify and secure new digital and programmatic opportunities within your category
- Be a trusted programmatic and digital expert – attend client meetings, drive digital in a compelling and understandable manner, and handle objections as required.
- Prepare sales status reports and update account history
- Acquire market knowledge and become involved in the territory’s community, clients, and their needs
- Meet and exceed individual weekly and monthly sales activities and goals
- Act as a digital ambassador across Star Metroland Media
- Keep current in industry trends, including participating in industry related functions, conferences, seminars and committees
Who you are:
- A curious, lifelong learner
- Experienced in digital media sales
- An effective communicator with ease articulating bespoke recommendations that deliver on a client’s objectives
- Educated in digital advertising, including programmatic, with the ability to convey that knowledge in a compelling and understandable manner
- Proactive and engaged in programmatic campaign management, experienced with DSPs and exchange-based media buying
- A collaborative team member, comfortable working with cross-functional teams to develop integrated sales solutions.
- Familiar with CRM platforms and other tools to record, track and plan and forecast sales activity.
- Passionate about data, targeting capabilities, attribution
- Strong understanding of the media landscape and the opportunities within Audio, Video, Social, Search, Mobile, Native, Content and Email.
- Knowledgeable in Ad Serving Systems and familiarity with Google Ads Manager
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
This role is represented by Unifor Local 87-M.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.