Sales Representative (Remote, Ontario) - Independent Contractor
- 1 Yonge Street, Toronto, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Torstar Local is an exciting and innovative new source of local news and information. It is a family of websites and mobile apps that combine local news with contributions from community groups and local advertising to provide readers with a uniquely engaging experience. Torstar Local is creating local community's digital gathering place by bringing together local journalism, local organizations, municipalities, and residents.
We are looking for a Part-Time Sales Representative (Independent Contractor) to join Torstar Local across Ontario in each of the following cities – North Bay, Kingston, Belleville, Cornwall, Winsor/Essex, Stratford and Woodstock.
This is a 12-month engagement where you will be able to work from home as an independent contractor, with potential to extend. You will be expected to work approximately 20 hours per week but have the flexibility to create your own working schedule based on sales targets and achievements.
If you are someone who is action-oriented, driven for results, customer-focused, eager and interested in working from home anywhere in Ontario, this opportunity maybe right for you.
Join our local offers sales team and help business in your communities drive top-line revenue and provide outstanding results for our clients.
What You Will Do
- To sell a unique digital marketing solution to local businesses via telemarketing.
- To have the tenacity and persistence to succeed in local advertising sales
- On a daily basis, to prospect for new accounts including researching advertisers on social media and in competitors publications and digital sites – along with reviewing new businesses in the area.
- To assist clients with maximizing their marketing campaign for optimal results
- Attain and/or surpass sales targets.
- To address customer concerns in a timely and appropriate manner, advising the manager where appropriate.
Who You Are
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and telephone skills.
- A hunter mentality, with the confidence and drive to excel at generating and closing new business
- Goal-oriented and capable of meeting aggressive weekly targets.
- Independent, hardworking and self-motivated.
- Extremely ambitious with an outstanding work ethic and unprecedented drive for immediate results.
- Sound knowledge of sales and marketing practices.
- Comfortable learning new technology
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- The opportunity to be part of a farseeing progressive media company with a long, proud history of delivering content to readers for over a century, and a passion for embracing the opportunities created by the rapidly evolving world of digital and mobile media.
- Being at the cutting edge of the digital media industry; you'll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment.
- You’ll be proud of the work you are doing because you can feel confident that what you are doing does matter and reverberates throughout the communities we service.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.