- 901 Guelph Line, Burlington, Canada
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com
We are currently providing an opportunity for Casual Part Time Skidder at our Distribution location in Burlington. In this role, the successful candidate will place completed bundles of flyers onto skids in order to prepare them for distribution, and will work approximately 25-30 hours per week.
- Place completed bundles of flyers onto skids
- Track completed bundles for proper truck routes
- Wrap completed skids for transport
- Move skids as required to the shipping area
- Assist in sorting the rejected flyers for reinsertion and manually insert or remove flyers as needed
- Complete and enforce all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs and stand for an extend period of time with ease
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven and demanding environment
- Ability to take and follow direction
- Capable of working in a team environment and maintain positive relationships with team members
- Strong verbal communication skills and good attention to detail
- Great attitude and excellent team player
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.