- 175 Gordon Baker Road, Toronto, Canada
Metroland Media Toronto's Distribution Centre requires a full time Bindery Operator for its warehouse operation. Reporting to the Assistant Director and Supervisors, this position will be responsible for working and operating stitcher and folders
- Independently oversee general operation of machine and equipment to ensure production and performance of staff.
- Have a keen eye for precision and able to make adjustments quickly
- Properly manage products through material handling and ensure correct versions of flyers are used for insertion.
- Address mechanical needs of machinery including maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of equipment while maintaining good housekeeping practices.
- Communicate production status reports to Senior Operator and log all service activity and production output.
- Complete and enforce all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Assist in general operation of machinery including insertion of flyers and bundling of newspapers. Other duties as assigned.
- 2 to 3 years of experience working in distribution and operating machinery
- Asset having prior knowledge in stitcher equipment
- Understand the differences between lap and vacuum
- Ability to adjust trims on jobs and make necessary changes.
- Ability to excel and make quality decisions in a fast-paced, deadline driven and demanding environment with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lift minimum 35 lbs and stand for an extended period with ease.
- Capable of taking initiative and can work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with team members and management.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to guide a productive team.
- Strong written and verbal communication and competent listener.
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Work, Excel and Outlook.
- Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Open-minded with a willingness to be trained and developed into a Senior Operator.
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.