- 175 Gordon Baker Road, Toronto, Canada
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com
We are looking for an energetic and team-oriented part time Stacker, who would be responsible for wrapping and securing skids, troubleshooting minor jams and completing various warehouse duties. Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, this job is located at our location in Gordon Baker location.
- Wrap and secure all big and small skids
- Tag skids correctly and remove them with a pump truck
- Clearing minor bundle jams in the conveyor
- Ensure TABA sheets are placed on the correct bundles
- Create any lost TABA sheets
- Bundle strapping
- Wear PPE and comply with Metroland’s Health and Safety policies
- Housekeeping and overall clean up while the machine is stopped for rejects
- Comply with recycling program
- Follow supervisor/operator instructions
- Complete and enforce all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Completion of High School Education
- Minimum of one year of experience in field
- Must be able to work in an unpredictable & changing environment
- Must be able to multi-task
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven and demanding environment
- Capable of working in a team environment and maintain positive relationships with team members
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.