Helper-Summer Student-2 months
- 333 Arvin Avenue, Hamilton, Canada
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland. Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
We are currently looking for a helper who is responsible for stacking down and building neat bundles of materials as well as loading skids of printed newspaper and commercial copies for shipment. Reporting to the Manager, the individual will assist press room staff with clean-up and maintenance. This position is from June to September.
- Ability to jog and stack printed paper and bundles to pallets
- Ensure printed copies are stacked neatly into bundles and onto skids
- Accurately bundle and ensure skid counts match customer orders
- Versatile in all positions and will fill vacancies and provide support in all positions of staff, when necessary
- Complete all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Other duties as assigned
- Good manual dexterity to jog and stack printed paper bundles to pallets
- Ability to stand for most of the work shift
- Ability to work in a quick paced team environment
- Capable of working in a team environment and maintain positive relationships with team members
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven and demanding environment
- Access to a reliable vehicle or reliable transportation accommodations
- Training provided as required to safely perform this position
- This position requires the ability to work a 12 hour, rotating day and night shift in our 24 hour operation (no weekends)
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.