Instructional Designer – 12 Month Contract
- 1 Yonge Street, Toronto, Canada
The Instructional Design & Training Specialist is responsible for the design and development of training and performance support solutions to meet the learning and development objectives of Torstar. The incumbent is skilled in developing: eLearning, VILT and ILT, including all relevant job aids/performance support tools, and reference materials. Experience with ADDIE and Articulate 360 is required. The Instructional Design and Training Specialist will also help to facilitate training classes periodically both face to face and virtually.
AS A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM YOU WILL
- Source relevant learning content from SMEs &/or other appropriate sources
- Design and develop new or revise existing courseware to meet learner needs using best practices in instructional design and leveraging technology
- Develop and maintain course materials including instructor manuals, participant guides, eLearning, train the trainer materials, job aids, evaluations, tests.
- Leverage scenarios, storytelling, roleplay and examples from real life to provide opportunities for teams to actively engage with the content using decision making activities and problem-solving scenarios that are authentic.
- Ability to create powerful assessments to accompany courses. Align assessments with company objectives.
- Assist in the evaluation of the impact and effectiveness of implemented learning solutions.
- Support with new hire on-boarding and training classes facilitation as required.
- Other tasks / activities as assigned
- Minimum 5+ years of experience demonstrating a proven track record in instructional design (ADDIE) and development including large-scale blended solutions and digital content creation, rapid/development methodologies.
- 5+ years in design and development of written training materials, manuals, guide books, job aids, etc using experiential activities, storytelling
- Advanced skills in MS Office, particularly PowerPoint.
- Sales as a client experience an asset.
- Excellent content research and analytical skills to convert information and learner needs into performance-based, engaging, and practical training solutions.
- Manage competing deadlines and changing scope of projects with a deadline-driven focus.
- Can work independently.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- The opportunity to be part of a farseeing progressive media company with a long, proud history of delivering content to readers for over a century, and a passion for embracing the opportunities created by the rapidly evolving world of digital and mobile media.
- Being at the cutting edge of the digital media industry; you'll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment.
- You’ll be proud of the work you are doing, because you can feel confident that what you are doing does matter and reverberates throughout the communities we service.
…and let’s not forget the AWESOME PEOPLE!
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.