- 865 Farewell Street, Oshawa, Canada
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com
We are seeking a high energy, experienced and proven individual to manage sales in the Durham Region. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for developing and leading multi-media sales solutions and programs for new and existing accounts in a way that will generate results. As an advertising manager you will provide training and coaching to our assistant manager and team of sales professionals to ensure the team is exceeding their targets and KPIs.
- Implement and drive the sales strategy, for both new and existing clients.
- Manage the daily sales activities and revenue targets for a team of Account Executives who are focused on driving sales in various categories including travel, products, entertainment and grocery.
- Provide direction, mentorship, training, coaching to the sales team by setting clear expectations/targets and personally assist sales representatives going on sales calls to support the team.
- Lead quarterly account planning with the team of professional sales representatives in effort to exceed the high margin sales opportunities across all market categories.
- Provide feedback to marketing and the product development team to ensure we have consolidated feedback from our partners and end users
- Assess a client’s advertising requirements and help the sales professionals build campaigns that best suit their needs
- Attend industry events and monitor current and emerging trends in the market
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships, knowledge, expertise and insights on clients, to build business opportunities.
- Overcome obstacles and objections with your team members and ensure superior client satisfaction and ROI.
- A minimum of 5 years sales management experience with a proven track record in year over year growth.
- Formal sales training and experience using a CRM tool. Knowledge of Sales Force will be considered an asset.
- A university degree in marketing or business studies is preferred
- Proven ability to successfully drive revenue, acquire new business and forecast
- Ability to translate our products into a compelling customer benefit.
- Strong presentation, sales, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate leadership
- Proven ability to successfully develop, mentor, and raise overall knowledge and expertise of sales team members in a way that drives results.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make quality decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to build and develop effective relationships with clients, team and members of the community.
- Motivated self-starter with a strong initiative, working within limited direct supervision, and ability to manage time and prioritize tasks effectively
- Reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license required.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.