General Manager, Community Brands (Halton Region)
- 901 Guelph Line, Burlington, Canada
Torstar is a leading Canadian media and data company that aims to help people better understand the world and each other. Built on a long and distinguished history in daily and community newspapers and nationally recognized digital businesses, the Torstar Group of Companies includes The Toronto Star, The Hamilton Spectator, the Waterloo Region Record and other regional daily news brands, as well as 75 community news brands across Ontario with a number of digital properties. Today over 2500 dedicated employees work together to continuously improve how we serve our customers and clients and report on the most important stories affecting people's lives.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a proven leader to assume responsibility for our Halton Region Community Brands within our West region market. Reporting directly to the VP & Group Publisher, Community Brands (West Region), the candidate we seek will be an individual that is a team builder who is exceptionally customer focused. You excel at driving revenue through solution selling strategies, with a proven track record of building relationships within communities and across an organization.
The General Manager will manage the daily and long-term Advertising goals of Halton Region including building and overseeing a dynamic portfolio of profitable media products. As a member of the West region Leadership team, you will play a key role in implementing our transformative strategic plans and contribute to the overall success of the region. As a leader, you will develop, support and motivate talent within the region. You have demonstrated strong decision-making abilities in revenue and cost management and have deep insights into serving local clients and customers.
You will be responsible for the following within Halton region, which includes Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Flamborough and Georgetown:
- Oversee local client and customer revenue optimization
- Support ongoing change strategies to ensure revenue growth
- Implementation of digital initiatives in collaboration with the organization’s digital strategy
- Engage with the local community as a representative of our community brands
- Develop, implement and manage strategies to meet and exceed KPI’s as well as maximize market potential in geographical areas
- Identify and develop new business opportunities to attain and exceed revenue targets
- Ensure that all staffing levels meet short and long-term needs of the divisions and that fair and effective performance measures are assigned
- Promote a climate which upholds our organizational values including selfless, collaboration, agile, results driven and focused
Qualified candidates will also posses the following;
- Strong planning skills required to implement strategies to increase revenue opportunities
- Must be results focused with experience in the digital advertising space
- Excellent communication and change management skills to motivate and clearly convey goals and performance metrics
- Creative and innovative thinker that collaborates with leaders across the organization
- 5-7 years relevant experience, direct management experience in the media industry an asset
- College or University degree/diploma or equivalent experience
If you are currently in a leadership role with varied media expertise, including demonstrated experience with digital, customer and client initiatives, this opportunity may provide the next exciting challenge you are looking for.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.