Regional Digital Manager
- 34 Opeongo Road, Renfrew, Canada
Where do you find your local community news? How do you stay connected to new and old businesses in your community? Metroland Media is a communication company built on a strong history of providing the news to Ontario’s door steps for over 100 years. In this ever growing industry we have continued to evolve, allowing us to become the industry leaders. Flyers, magazines, trade shows, digital advertising and distribution is a snapshot of our companies breadth. If you are looking for a dynamic company built on a strong history within your community, look no further.
Reporting directly to the Regional General Manager, with a dotted line to the Managing Director of Digital Communities, this role will oversee the Digital sales function across a defined geographic region. You will work closely with Sales leaders in your communities, and lead a team of dedicated sales reps responsible for driving incremental digital revenue. We are seeking a high energy, collaborative and focused individual to manage and drive incremental local digital revenue. You will be responsible for developing and leading sales strategies, executing local digital solutions for new and existing accounts in a way that will generate results.
- Implement and drive the revenue strategy for our local digital products, achieving monthly and quarterly and annual targets
- Effectively lead a local media sales team to work in collaboration with our Community brands partners, to provide effective digital solutions to our valued clients.
- Direct sales accountability (presentation & pitch) to our key local clients/partners
- Working in partnership with the Director of Digital Sales Development to identity & execute training and development opportunities for our sales teams/leaders.
- Manage the daily sales activities and revenue targets for a team of sales representatives who are focused on providing solutions based marketing strategies to SMB’s within the region.
- Working with our sales managers to fully integrate our digital solutions into our core media offerings.
- Provide direction, mentorship, training, coaching to the sales team by setting clear expectations/targets and personally going on sales calls to support the team.
- Lead quarterly account planning with the team of professional sales representatives in an effort to focus the efforts on high margin sales opportunities across all market categories.
- Provide weekly CRM analysis on defined KPI’s such as sales activity, key initiatives and targets.
- Assess a client’s advertising requirements and build campaigns that best suit their needs
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships, knowledge, expertise and insights on clients, to build business opportunities.
- Overcome obstacles and objections with your team members and ensure superior customer satisfaction.
- Actively participate on the Local Digital Leadership team, sharing best practices and positively influencing internal collaboration.
- We are looking for a selfless sales leader, preferably with at least 4+ years’ experience in the digital space or media industry.
- Fundamental understanding of local media industry trends specifically online advertising trends
- Strong collaboration skills across a wide section of operating functions, an absolute must.
- Strong ability to influence, build and develop effective relationships with clients and team members.
- Strong communication, writing, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to successfully drive revenue with a solution-focus rather than product-focus approach
- Proven ability to successfully develop, mentor, and raise overall knowledge and expertise of sales team members in a way that drives results
- A university degree in marketing or business studies is preferred
- Strong presentation, sales, negotiation
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate leadership
- Strong knowledge of how to leverage CRM (Salesforce preferred) for sales performance and product development
- Ability to make quality decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated leadership style and work behaviours that align with our core cultural values: Selfless, Focused, Agile, Collaborative.
- Pipelines sales experience is a definite asset.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.