Outbound Telesales – Retail and New Business
- 884 Ford Street, Peterborough, Canada
Where do you find your local community news? How do you stay connected to new and old businesses in your community? Metroland Media is a communication company built on a strong history of providing the news to Ontario’s door steps for over 100 years. In this ever growing industry we have continued to evolve, allowing us to become the industry leaders. Flyers, magazines, trade shows, digital advertising and distribution is a snapshot of our companies breadth. If you are looking for a dynamic company built on a strong history within your community, look no further.
Peterborough This Week is looking for someone who is action-oriented, driven for results, able to learn on the fly, customer-focused, composed and creative.
- To sell marketing solutions to local businesses via telemarketing.
- To have the tenacity and persistence to succeed in local advertising sales including Community Sites, online Auctions and other future projects.
- On a daily basis, to prospect for new accounts including researching advertisers in competitors publications and digital sites – along with reviewing new businesses in the area.
- To create written proposals for potential advertisers using statistical information to illustrate how the media advertising program will meet their business needs.
- To assist clients in ad design and provide Production with clear and organized instructions/designs for ads.
- Attain and/or surpass sales targets.
- To address customer concerns in a timely and appropriate manner, advising the manager where appropriate.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and telephone skills.
- A hunter mentality, with the confidence and drive to excel at generating and closing new business
- Goal-oriented and capable of meeting aggressive weekly targets.
- Highly motivated by monetary incentives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Independent, hardworking and self-motivated.
- Extremely ambitious with an outstanding work ethic and unprecedented drive for immediate results.
- Sound knowledge of sales and marketing practices.
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.