- 65 Lorne Street, Smiths Falls, Canada
A subsidiary of Torstar Corporation, Metroland is one of Canada’s premier media companies. Metroland delivers up-to-the-minute vital business and community information to millions of people across Ontario. We have grown significantly in recent years in terms of audience and advertisers and we’re continuing to invest heavily in developing best-in-class talent, products and technology to accelerate our growth in the media landscape and strengthen our connection to the community. For further information, please visit www.metroland.com.
Metroland Media in Smiths Falls is accepting resumes for full time 2nd Pressman to work various shifts in our printing press.
- Accurately update and maintain record keeping.
- Involved in all aspects of the printing process including inking of pages, registration of colour pages and handling raw materials to achieve optimum quality and production.
- Assist with setup, operation and maintenance of web press and responsible for general maintenance and cleanup of machinery and workstation.
- Versatile in all positions of the press and will fill vacancies and provide support in all positions of the press, when necessary.
- Complete all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Assist Operators where needed
- Learn the paper feeding aspect of the position
- Perform various departmental functions
- Keep area clean and hazard free.
- Transport finished product to appropriate departments
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of Secondary Education and/or an Apprenticeship Program.
- Ability to lift 40-60 lbs of material, bend frequently and stand for an extend period of time with ease. Strong colour perception and attention to fine detail.
- Capable of working in a team environment and maintain positive relationships with team members as well as the ability to take direction from senior Pressman during operation.
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting of machinery in a fast-paced, deadline driven and demanding environment.
- Basic computer and mathematical skills and strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.