Media Consultant - Digital Sales
- 3145 Wolfedale Road, Mississauga, Canada
Where do you find your local community news? How do you stay connected to new and old businesses in your community? Metroland Media is a communication company built on a strong history of providing the news to Ontario’s door steps for over 100 years. In this ever growing industry we have continued to evolve, allowing us to become the industry leaders. Flyers, magazines, trade shows, digital advertising and distribution is a snapshot of our companies breadth. If you are looking for a dynamic company built on a strong history within your community, look no further.
Are you a high energy individual seeking new challenges? Are you a person who is independent and enjoys networking and relationship building? Charged with servicing and developing a client base, the Digital Media Sales Consultant focused on continuously increasing sales revenue and maintaining strong business relationships with local companies. The individual is accountable for acquiring new accounts through various strategies including generating leads, networking with key decision makers and active researching. They are also responsible for introducing and selling innovative marketing solutions to local small and medium-sized businesses while achieving aggressive revenue targets. The individual will be responsible for the creation and execution of audience-centric, integrated campaign/ program, tapping into all available Digital solutions for multi-platforms and taking concept to reality. Reporting directly to the Regional Digital Manager this position will reside at the Mississauga location. This position will provide the Digital Media Sales Consultant the opportunity to be part of one of Canada's leading community media companies.
- Prospect for new accounts, source leads, cold call, and research to generate sales in multi-media platforms.
- Accountable for consistently attaining and/or surpassing sales targets and achieving revenue targets.
- Responsible for ongoing sales with both new and existing clients and building and maintaining strong business relationships.
- Provides outstanding account service and must be able to close the sale.
- Utilizes strong persuasive skills to access decision maker in a timely manner.
- After completing a thorough client needs analysis; having the ability to create in-depth proposals for prospective advertisers and provide solutions through compelling business cases.
- Provides customers with creative and effective advertising solutions and will play a key role in the overall success of our organization.
- As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. Metroland Media is PCI compliant company, and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner.
- Produce visually arresting and conceptually engaging presentations/media plans and/or deliver presentation/media plan that demonstrates benefit to client/agency, as required.
- Manage post-sale due diligence including scheduling, internal communication; analysis reporting and the provision of detailed final reports, including recommendations which promote analytic as critical component of decision making for future campaigns.
- Presenting post-campaign analytics.
- A digital professional who thrives in a fast-paced multi-platform environment.
- Brainstorm, conceive of and apply unique and creative solutions to everyday situations and problems.
- A passion for constantly learning and keeping up to speed with industry knowledge.
- Organized, structured, persistent, analytical, sensitive, logical, precise and systematic.
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities and tight deadlines to ensure campaign optimization.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Exhibit a high degree of ownership, taking pride in their campaign and the results it achieves for the client and Star Metroland Media.
- Strong understanding of marketing and how to drive ROI for advertisers.
- A team player who builds respect and credibility with stakeholders by adding value.
- Has energy and drive to succeed, a self-starter.
- Strong understanding of SEO, SEM, Google Analytics, Social media advertising, and display advertising.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.