Classified Sales Assistant
- 44 Frid Street, Hamilton, Canada
Star Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
We are seeking a Classified Sales Assistant in a part-time capacity. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting sales representatives, clients, coordinating and editing, inputting content and other duties as assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service with clients and internal reps.
- Liaise with ad production and work flow process for the effective and timely completion of advertising needs.
- Monitor the completion of ads to ensure deadlines are met.
- Proofread content ensuring accuracy of information.
- Ensure online content is accurate.
- Book and manage orders through third party dashboard.
- Confirm information with Sales Representatives as required.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Experience is Sales Administration and Customer Service.
- Minimum 1+ years of experience with editing content for print and online.
- Very personable and comfortable on the phone assisting clients
- Must have exceptional computer & internet skills including 1 years of experience with Microsoft Office knowledge (Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook skills a must).
- Time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Fast learner, with the need to learn on the fly.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - English spelling and grammar accuracy a must.
- Outstanding work ethic, high energy and action oriented.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Digital experience an asset.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.