- TONOMUS Business Unit: Legal Counsel Office
WHO ARE WE:
Our mission is to transform the way we live through predictive, personalized and autonomous solutions enabled by unrivalled connectivity and next-generation technologies.
We are the first subsidiary company of NEOM, which has evolved from its technology and digital sector to lead the creation of the world’s first cognitive community.
Purpose for the role:
To be a key player in structuring, drafting, and negotiating a variety of agreements in support of our business units, including MOUs, supplier contracts, data use agreements, and other commercial and technology agreements. You will be working with your fellow legal colleagues and many teams across the organisation and will have a direct impact on our business as we continue to grow.
- Draft, negotiate, and review a range of commercial agreements including MOUs, supplier agreements, customer agreements, head of terms, data use agreements, and other agreements related to the company’s businesses.
- Advise on issues impacting the company’s business units related to data use and ownership and compliance with internal company policies and procedures.
- Conduct contract analysis and provide ongoing risk analysis in connection with a variety of matters.
- Build trust and drive strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Assist other legal team members with overflow work in related areas and provide additional client counselling and conduct training as needed.
- Research on various aspects of applicable laws impacting business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Creative problem-solving skills with the business acumen to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient ways and provide practical legal advice to stakeholders.
- Excellent written and spoken English with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of management and staff.
- Discrete and trustworthy as required to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- An excellent negotiator with strong drafting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, creative environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities under time constraints
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance necessary legal protections with practical business needs
- Must be detail-oriented and able to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly.
Qualifications and Competencies Required:
- 7-10 years legal experience at a technology company, startup or at a law firm or a combination thereof, focused on negotiating and drafting technology agreements, with familiarity in technology and commercial transactions.
- Law degree from an accredited law school essential and master’s level qualification desirable
- Must be willing and able to travel across the MENA region and further afield as and when required.
This role is positioned at NEOM - a relocation package is provided for candidates outside the Middle East.
Competitive Salary provided and more benefits to discuss