2D Layout Artist
TONIC DNA is a full-service animation production house with high-quality creative content. With over 35 years' experience in animation, the studio is at the cutting edge of digital technologies and offers a full range of services related to the production of commercials, animated series, short and feature films, as well as digital and interactive branded content solutions, for customers all over the world.
Among the projects we've worked on - Space Jam, Il était une fois 2, - are on the list.
We are looking for Layout Artists from mid-December to September 2024 to work on our 2D new project. The position can be at the studio or remote.
The Layout Artist will work under the guidance of the Layout Supervisor to complete all layouts from storyboards maintaining the performance and staging of the boards. The artist will have to use location designs as reference to draw all layouts for assigned shots and collaborate with the Layout Supervisor to complete revisions and other changes.
- Assist in the concept creation of environment layouts to fit the approved style of the series.
Draft, design and produce high quality Location Design.
- Maintain the style and execution of the backgrounds as per requirements of the production.
- Use knowledge and skill to strengthen the shows visual language.
- Support the team with fixes when necessary.
- Finalize and clean up designs using Photoshop.
- Work efficiently and within the established workflow.
- Great sense of perspective and composition.
- Proficient experience in Photoshop software.
- Ability to speak French and English in a professional environment as the Layout Supervisor and Artistic Management are mostly anglophone.
- Priority will be given to applicants located in Quebec.
What we offer:
- Temporary position
- Insurance (health, vision) after three months
- Telemedicine and Employee Assistance Program
- A team of animation enthusiasts: you can't help but be carried away by their enthusiasm!
Policy regarding the protection of personal information.
In accordance with the Quebec law on personal information, by sending us your application, you implicitly consent, in a free and informed manner, to Tonic DNA using the information requested solely to evaluate your profile in relation to the position sought, or to offer you a position within the next two years that may correspond to your skills.
Any coordinator or decision-maker in the hiring process will have access to this information. It will be collected and stored by our external suppliers and in a company candidate database for a period of two years, in accordance with the necessary security standards.
You may request the destruction of your information at any time.