- Rue du Saint-Sacrement, Montréal, QC H2Y, Canada
We are TONIC DNA…come discover our Directors 'N Animators. We are a full-service, award-winning studio with a home base in Montreal, sister offices in Toronto and Mexico, and clients and collaborators around the globe. We provide high-quality animated creative content, commercials and interactive experiences that capture the imagination while serving a worldwide clientele and advancing the animated art form for over 30 years.
The 2D animator will be working under the direction of the Lead Animator/Director and production team. Animators will create high quality character animation while simultaneously meeting TV Animation production deadlines.
- Animate sequences given by the Animation Supervisor, keeping the action and movements with the style of the show, as well meeting the series quality requirements
- Work with colleagues and supervisors to identify and solve problems, both technically and artistically
- Actively participate in team/department meetings
- Mentor entry-level artists by providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth
- 1-2 years of TV / Film animation production experience
- Good understanding of traditional 2D animation principles
- A working knowledge of ToonBoom Harmony required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume, team-based setting
- Experience in a digital build-based animation setting, visual arts and life drawing with a solid grasp of movement and form
- Experience with acting, live action or staging
- Good communication skills
We’re very serious about what we’re doing, but that doesn’t mean we’re not allowed to have fun. Bright people want to push themselves, and we only hire bright people. The idea is to create an environment where you will feel empowered and encouraged to go farther than you ever thought possible.