IT Support Specialist
Founded in 1972 and headquartered in Asker, Norway, TOMRA provides technology-led solutions for transforming how society and industries obtain, use and reuse the planet’s resources to enable a world without waste. More details about TOMRA’s operations can be found at https://www.tomra.com/about-tomra.
We like to call it the "clean-loop recycling" and challenge all our employees to take part in the Resource Revolution.
As an IT Support Specialist, you will work in the global IT Support and Infrastructure Team focusing on local IT support for regional offices. You contribute to a reliable, professional, and timely IT support for end users. You need to have a customer-centric approach to resolve issues and provide services offered by the Group IT Service Catalogue.
To be considered a candidate for this position you must
- Master English to a proficiency level of B2 or above
- Submit a motivation letter in English explaining why you want to work for TOMRA
- Submit a CV/resume in English
In TOMRA, all local and regional IT functions are merged into one, global function set at 20 locations worldwide, Senec being one of these sites. The mandate of the Global IT function is to support TOMRA with specific services related to IT.
As a member of the regional support team (Europe) in Senec, you will actively participate and contribute within the Group IT Support and Infrastructure teams, assuring we keep our (internal) customers productive with state-of-the-art IT equipment. You may also be asked to provide support for divisional systems if offered through the Group IT Service Catalogue.
To succeed in the role, you will have to work with the below tasks. Some tasks are more repetitive while others fluctuate and will be more periodical and ad-hoc. Tasks may also depend on your specific skills and the need within the team. We work agile and we work according to procedures and policies set at Group level, and expect you to do the same.
- Provide L1 Helpdesk support to end users
- Manage the IT onboarding process for new hires
- Manage hardware collection in the offboarding process
IT Service Management
- Handle IT requests and incident reports based on assigned priority.
- Collect the required information to escalate to L2/L3 support and help in troubleshooting.
- Review global tickets within your groups and collaborate with the global IT Support organization.
- Report and coordinate support case with 3rd parties (hardware / software /service provider).
- Prepare client computers, mobile devices etc for new employees.
- Support users with Windows based client computers and other IT provided equipment.
- Help senior IT staff with administration and facility work.
- Audit client computers and report compliance issues.
- Perform maintenance at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other installations or fixes.
- Manage the handout of assets such as desktop and laptop computers, phones and IT related supplies and ensure the asset records are maintained.
- Manage local equipment (e.g., conferencing systems and printers).
- Check local IT infrastructure, assuring that all systems are in accordance with the provided checklists.
- Support local events like Town Hall meetings and assure the systems are operational prior to the event, provide expert help during the event.
- Assist remote infrastructure team and provide local hands and feet support for the on-premises infrastructure hardware.
We believe this role is a great job for anyone with +2 years experience with tasks listed above. While a university degree is good to have, some years experience can accommodate for the lack of academic background in the role, hence a proven track record can be just as good and should be stated clearly in your CV.
As a minimum we require:
- Superior knowledge of Windows and Office 365.
- End user IT support experience.
- Experience with communication and collaboration systems (Outlook, Teams, O365).
- Experience working with ticket-system e.g. Freshservice or ServiceNow.
- Basic network technology and security knowledge (WAN, LAN, WLAN).
- Basic Windows Server (2019/2022) or Linux administration knowledge.
- Confidence in using English as a work language - requesting B2 level or above.
The role is based in the Senec office, close to Bratislava, though being part of a global IT Support team. This may require some planned travelling, and outside normal work-hour meetings. TOMRA Group IT is practicing flexible working and encourage all our employees to ensure a good life balance.
To be considered as a candidate for the role, you must:
- Be able to communicate in English, both written and orally (all interviews will be conducted in English).
- Submit a short motivation letter telling us why you want this job and join TOMRA.
- Submit an updated CV.
- Hold a valid work & residential visa.
- Apply no later than 27th February 2024.
Why work for TOMRA?
You will have long-term career opportunities, with a globally renowned company.
- Market standard salary at EUR 1800 per month as a minimum.
- Bonus scheme
TOMRA is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognize the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, culture, religion, language or personal circumstances. TOMRA is also committed to building on the perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills that this diversity brings to our organisation.
We are proud to be recognized as a contributor to making the world a cleaner and better place for all, and hope you share these same visions and values.