Python Software Developer *
- FULL TIME
- Mülheim-Kärlich, Germany
Who are we?
Today, we are not utilizing resources in a sustainable way. In fact, the world is only 9% circular, meaning much of the Earth’s precious resources are only used once, leaving huge untapped potential for more sustainable resource management. TOMRA provides cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity within the recycling, mining and food industries and is therefore uniquely positioned to shape the Circular Economy, creating demand for this way of thinking in the world. At TOMRA we want to be a thought leader, encouraging a more sustainable way of thinking and inspiring active change around the world.
As a Python Software Developer, your primary role will be to design and develop software utilities that assist in the efficient handling and organization of large volumes of sensor data for our sorting machinery.
Your expertise will enable colleagues without a computer science background to effortlessly manage and interact with data, which facilitates subsequent data processing tasks.
You will contribute to the development of production-ready software components while promoting strong cooperation within an interdisciplinary R&D team.
- Creation of software tools and services using Python programming language to allow non-computer scientist to organize and work with big amounts of sensor data gathered from our sorting machines;
- Integrate algorithms for real-time data analysis;
- Develop, optimize and verify tools for data acquisition, data handling and data processing;
- Provide internal support post-rollout of the developed tools and services;
- Propose enhancements for tool quality and efficiency;
- Generate comprehensive technical documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar qualification;
- Experience in software engineering;
- Proficiency in Python;
- Familiarity with C++ and CUDA is beneficial;
- Understanding of image processing algorithms is an added advantage;
- Strong verbal and written English skills;
- At least basic knowledge of German.
- 30 days annual leave;
- Supported company pension scheme;
- Supported group accident insurance;
- International SOS for private use;
- Hybrid working principles, flexible working hours;
- Opportunity to purchase TOMRA shares;
- Employee benefit discounts for TOMRA Online Shop;
- Company (e-) bike leasing;
- Gym membership coverage support;
- Office comfort: free parking spaces, canteen, coffee machines;
- Professional and personal development: learning on the job, specialized course, conferences etc.;
- Coaching opportunities - Individual Development Programs;
- Norwegian corporate culture (no hierarchical thinking, transparent communication culture).
Are you interested?
Please send your CV (in English).
(!) When uploading your resume, leave us a “Message to Hiring Manager” with the answer to the following question:
- What is the name of the main sorting machine at TOMRA Recycling?
* Tomra does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age, or other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Most importantly, it’s a match!