Area Sales Manager - Midwest
TOMRA Food is a multinational organization and a leading provider of sensor-based sorting, peeling and integrated post-harvest solution for the food industries. Transforming global food production to maximize food safety and minimize food loss by making sure Every Resource Counts™, has been our strength for over 50 years.
At TOMRA, we want people to innovate, show passion in their work and be responsible. We encourage the freedom to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. We value passion that focuses and commits to meeting success. We believe in a responsible and safe mindset that takes care of our customers, products, and fellow employees.
Join the resource revolution!
Our US Food division is based in Sacramento, CA. and we are always looking for passionate individuals to join our organization. Currently, we are seeking an experienced capital equipment sales professional based in the Midwest Region of the U.S. As Sales Manager, you'll be part of the Global sales team and will report to the Regional Sales Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled Area Sales Manager, with demonstrated success and expertise in providing and delivering valuable solutions to customers, and make a significant impact in the food industry.
- Manage well-established customer-based territories and develop new partnerships and accounts in the rapidly growing market.
- Maintain close contact with major accounts and cultivate both existing and new relationships on a long-term basis.
- Receive and take ownership of ambitious, yet achievable, sales targets and territory plans.
- Ensure customer proposals, quotations, and order confirmations adhere to TOMRA’s policy and pricing terms and are updated within the CRM.
- Conduct regular customer site visits and provide consultancy with new machine start-ups, products, and services.
- Complete reviews with agents, propose new applications and products, follow-up on all customer inquiries, and provide additional support as needed.
- 5 years of experience in capital industrial equipment sales and high value technical sales within the food processing industry.
- You are intrigued by traveling at least 50 - 60% of the time, and with a high degree of flexibility and initiative.
- You are tech-savvy and comfortable learning and working with tech derived solutions.
- You like to work under pressure or be presented with a challenge, and enjoy presenting new ideas and solutions.
- You have expertise in handling key accounts and large territories, and have a proven track record of exceeding sales targets.
- You love to relate to customers, their views, issues, and opportunities both locally and in other countries and cultures.
- Able to drive without restrictions and for long distances.
- Able to frequently bend, kneel, or stand.
- Must be able to travel domestically, and internationally as needed, up to 50 – 70% of the time.
- Must be able to work from home or office base and attend the office base 20% of the time.
- Must be able to work in Food Processing plants, farms, and high/low temperature facilities.
Pay band :
- For U.S. applicants, in accordance with applicable disclosure requirements, the anticipated base pay range for this position is $80,000 to $100,000 with a competitive variable package
- Training and updates on the TOMRA systems.
- Strong benefits offering with medical, dental and vision plan premiums covered at 100% for employees.
- Healthy PTO policy with 26 days annually (sick, vacation, holiday) which increases with each year of seniority.
- Be part of a mission to transform how we all obtain, use, and reuse the planet's resources to ensure a world without waste.
- Inclusive company culture that values diversity, well-being, and camaraderie among our teammates.
- Global career opportunities with a record for promoting internally.
- Professional development: We are passionate about people and seeing them succeed.
- We love innovation, a collaborative environment where idea sharing and thinking creatively is encouraged.
TOMRA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.