Field Service Manager
TOMRA Food is a multinational organization and a leading provider of sensor-based sorting, peeling and integrated post-harvest solution for the food industries. Transforming global food production to maximize food safety and minimize food loss by making sure Every Resource Counts™, has been our strength for over 50 years.
At TOMRA, we want people to innovate, show passion in their work and be responsible. We encourage the freedom to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. We value passion that focuses and commits to meeting success. We believe in a responsible and safe mindset that takes care of our customers, products, and fellow employees.
- Manage customer relationships through understanding of customer business drivers and desired outcomes and driving improvements against these criteria.
- Promote and support TOMRA Fresh Food’s business and Field Service Capabilities.
- Own and support the management and resolution of customer complaints, in collaboration with the sales team and global Customer Care Centre (CCC).
- Maintain and develop relationships with regional customers, with a view to driving additional project solutions and service business growth throughout the region whilst maintaining a high standard of customer experience.
Financial & Business Management
- Meet monthly, quarterly, and annual financial targets by owning the budget for the region.
- Develop and implement the business short-, medium- and long-term priorities in accordance with the business strategy, to achieve short- and long-term success.
- Accurately plan and forecast the business performance, both resources and finances.
- Plan and support strategic growth initiatives for the region, in collaboration with product and sales teams.
- Assist in reporting and Integrated Business Planning (IBP) requirements across the business.
- Effectively manage service business overheads and cost allocations for the region.
Health & Safety
- Actively be a spokesperson for Tomra Fresh Food’s safety culture and promote safety at all times.
- Meet designated safety metrics for the assigned region.
- Drive continuous improvement in safety operations, identifying opportunity for improvement on safety, and fostering a positive and collaborative environment.
- Ensures that work assignments and sub-contracted work are executed to appropriate
technical requirements/ standards, quality systems and HSE standards
- Proactively engage functional business teams (Product Management, R&D, projects, CCC, sales etc.) to ensure correct service delivery, and in defining /estimating the technical scope of work and project implementation requirements.
- Overseeing the delivery of installations, planned services, contract deliverables, “on demand” services and fulfilment of spare parts business.
- Provide oversight and direction to the team leader and field technicians in the region, working in collaboration with the Customer Care Centre (CCC) to ensure customer deliverables are planned, scheduled and executed.
People Management & Communication
- Manage performance, career and succession plans of all service employees
- Develop a high performing team and facilitate team’s achievement of goals &
- Liaise with Engineering organization (Systems Engineering, Business Solutions and
Process Solutions) to support appropriate career development planning
- Effectively manage communications for all team members (direct / matrix reports)
- Pro-actively identify the team’s product, skills and leadership training requirements and work with the Global Training and P&O teams to ensure the Tomra field service team has the skills to meet and exceed the required customer service delivery expectations.
- Strong organizational and team management skills
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite.
- Confident at documentation and reporting in written clear English
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent time management
- Additional tasks as directed
- Proven success in managing distributed field teams consisting of both direct and indirect resources to deliver high value complex electrical and mechanical solutions / services (minimum 5 yrs experience)
- Relevant degree or trade qualification
- Excellent communication skills; written & verbal; ability to deal at all levels
- Time & resource management skills
- Expertise with project and/or service management software such as CRM/ERP systems
- Customer focused
- Ability to conform to dynamically changing priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to bring project to successful completion
- Prepared to travel domestically and internationally
- Relevant degree or trade qualification
Why work for us:
You will have long-term career opportunities, with a globally renowned company and the following:
- Strong benefits offering with medical, dental and vision plan premiums covered at 100% for employees
- 401K with 4% match
- Healthy PTO policy with 26 days annually (sick, vacation, holiday) which increases with each year of seniority
- Be part of a mission to transform how we all obtain, use and reuse the planet’s resources to enable a more sustainable world
- Inclusive company culture that values diversity, well-being and strong camaraderie among our teammates
- Global career opportunities with a strong record for promoting internally
- Professional training and development: We are passionate about people and seeing them succeed
- We love innovation, a collaborative environment where idea sharing and thinking outside the box is encouraged
How to apply
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! All applications will be managed in the strictest confidence.
TOMRA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.