Hardware Design Engineer (all genders)
- Otto-Hahn-Straße 2, 56218 Mülheim-Kärlich, Germany
Today, we are not utilizing resources in a sustainable way. In fact, the world is only 9% circular, meaning much of the Earth’s precious resources are only used once, leaving huge untapped potential for more sustainable resource management. TOMRA provides cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity within the recycling, mining and food industries and is therefore uniquely positioned to shape the Circular Economy, creating demand for this way of thinking in the world. At TOMRA we want to be a thought leader, encouraging a more sustainable way of thinking and inspiring active change around the world.
As an Hardware Design Engineer you are involved into the development, optimization, maintenance and documentation of hardware components for TOMRA’s sensor-based sorting systems.
- Development and test of embedded systems for new sensor-based sorting machines;
- Design/Ownership of new hardware projects;
- Extend, optimize, maintain, and verify existing portfolio;
- Cross link to other departments (electrical design, service, production).
- Master of Science or PhD or similar;
- Programming skills in C (C++);
- Firmware development;
- FPGA development (e.g. Verilog, VHDL, or SCHEMATIC);
- Realtime systems;
- Distributed systems, Ethernet based components;
- Skills in image processing are of advantage;
- Excellent technical problem-solving, troubleshooting, and follow-up skills;
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to break-down work;
- Good English skills spoken and written;
- At least basic knowledge of German.
- 30 days annual leave;
- Supported company pension scheme;
- Supported group accident insurance;
- International SOS for private use;
- Hybrid working principles, flexible working hours;
- Opportunity to purchase TOMRA shares;
- Employee benefit discounts for TOMRA Online Shop;
- Company (e-) bike leasing;
- Gym membership coverage support;
- Office comfort: free parking spaces, canteen, coffee machines;
- International working environment, a great company spirit and an open feedback culture;
- Professional and personal development: learning on the job, specialized course, conferences etc.;
- Coaching opportunities: Individual Development Programs;
- Norwegian corporate culture (no hierarchical thinking, transparent communication culture).
Are you interested?
Please send your motivation letter in English (why you are a good fit for this position) to the attention of Rosa Steffes. Apart from this we would need from you ...
- A CV (in English);
- Certificates from university/internships/references/trainings/etc.;
- Salary expectations;
- Notice period.