IT Support Technician
- Henderson Place, Onehunga, Auckland 1061, New Zealand
TOMRA Food designs and manufactures sensor-based sorting machines and integrated post-harvest solutions for the food industry, using the world's most advanced grading, sorting, peeling and analytical technology. The company's mission is to enable its customers to improve returns, gain operational efficiencies, and ensure a safe food supply via smart, useable technologies.
TOMRA Food is a member of the TOMRA Group founded in 1972 that began with the design, manufacture, and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA provides technology-led solutions that enable the circular economy with advanced collection and sorting systems that optimize resource recovery and minimize waste in the food, recycling, and mining industries. This person will be operating in the Business Area TOMRA Fresh within TOMRA Food.
Our talented team are in search of an IT Support Technician to join our dynamic, focused, fast paced Global IT function.
Based in the Auckland office and reporting to the Service Desk Team Leader this role will be responsible for looking after all things IT and supporting the help desk. As an internal support person you will be interacting with all team members of the business to assist in solving technical issues. We are open to recent graduates for this role.
In this role you will:
- Be the first point of contact for all IT queries within the business.
- Collaborating closely with staff and your team members ensuring great communication and timely resolution of issues.
- Respond to incoming tickets via email, ticketing system and teams.
- Ordering of hardware for the business as well as building and installing this hardware.
- Ensuring SLA's are being met.
- Ensuring user training is kept to a high level.
- Qualification in Computer Sciences from tertiary or IT institution.
- Knowledge of networking basics.
- An ability to develop and maintain key internal & external relationships
- A proven drive for results and an ability to self-manage.
- A positive attitude and motivation to learn
- Happy to travel locally between our various sites.
- 12 months experience in a similar role would be advantageous
Why work for us?
- Award winning, innovative kiwi success story
- Competitive remuneration package
- Birthday leave – have a day off on us
- Fantastic career opportunities locally and globally
- Flexible work arrangements (Hybrid working)
- Weekly Friday social and other events through the year
- We invest in you with professional training and development
How to apply
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! All applications will be managed in the strictest confidence.