State Transport Manager - Grocery QLD
- Parkinson, Australia
At Toll, we do more than just logistics - we move the businesses that move the world. Our 20,000 team members can help solve any logistics, transport or supply chain challenge – big or small. We have been supporting our customers for more than 130 years. Today, we support more than 20,000 customers worldwide with 500 sites in 25 countries, and a forwarding network spanning 150 countries. We are proudly part of Japan Post — www.tollgroup.com
Global Logistics provides sophisticated supply chain solutions, from end-to-end or part solutions, warehousing and distribution to dedicated transport solutions, across the globe and to some of the most remote corners of the world.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager to manage state operations for a key grocery client in Queensland. This role is essential in managing and developing the team’s ability to achieve the desired strategic, operational, and commercial outcomes for the business, along with managing customer relations. You will re engineer processes and systems whilst coaching and developing your managers to further develop their teams.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Manage the transport and distribution operation of a region within agreed contractual parameters to deliver quality best in class service.
- Set priorities, budgets and plans to achieve overall unit strategy, goals and targets.
- Overall management and governance of the relevant P&L – monitor and report budget variances and projections.
- Set and manage standards and performance expectations to ensure the highest level of excellence in customer service, reliability and efficiency, and sustainability in safety and environmental performance.
- Develop and implement innovative end-to-end customised solutions through identifying customer needs.
To be successful within this position you will have:
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role within transport and distribution.
- Ability to develop and mentor a high performing individuals and teams.
- Awareness of ER/IR processes, including employee engagement and mitigation planning. Fully conversant with TWU/NUW and subcontractor agreements, work practices and the Industrial Relations System.
- Understanding of COR legislation and associated responsibilities.
- A sound knowledge of budgeting, financial reporting, costing, tendering and cost analysis.
- Flexible working arrangements when required by the business.
Created by our people, our five values – Customer, Teamwork, Progress, Accountability and Integrity - are our compass that guide our behaviour and define our culture, regardless of role, division or location.
At Toll, our single greatest advantage is our people, and we believe that when one of us succeeds, we all succeed. We know our success is due to the quality and skill of our talented people. We work hard to create a workplace that supports our people’s careers and that is a safe, respectful and inclusive place to work. Being connected is at the core of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.